Welcome!

With washing waiting to be folded and cereal in our hair we share our roller coaster lives to inspire, relate and communicate with Mums just like us.

All things family related food, recipes, reviews, gardening, crafts, educational play, home things, outings and more.

Hi! We're in the process of moving over to our new site. You can find our content here for now or check out the old and the brand NEW at www.mumstakefive.com


Saturday, October 6, 2012

Banana Bread - Slow Cooker Recipe

Well if you've been following me along you'd know i currently have no oven.  
This is indeed an inconvenience but for me its almost a tragedy!  
I accepted the challenge to see if i can live without for a while which is fine except we had so many bananas in our freezer!  (Does your family go on phases with food too? one week I can't keep up the banana supply then they all of the sudden stop eating them and i have ten bananas just sitting there)

So I have played around and come up with a Banana Bread recipe for the Slow Cooker.
(I know there is plenty of them around but i like to make up my own  :)



Ingredients
4 medium mashed Bananas 
2 1/2 cup Self Raising Flour
1 cup Almond Meal
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
3 whisked Eggs
200 grams Butter
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 cup Milk
1 tsp Mixed Spice
extra butter to grease your dish


Method
Soften your Butter and mix in large bowl with your Brown Sugar.
Add your egg little bit at a time mixing it in well
Add a cup of the Flour mix it in then tip in rest with the Baking Powder and Mixed Spice.
Add the Milk and mix really well.
Add the Almond Meal and the mashed Bananas stir them in.
You should have a fairly thick smooth batter.

Grease your dish well.

Tip you batter in and cook on High for approx 2 1/2hrs.
This will depend on thickness of you batter and your slow cooker temps.


Tips
I cut a piece of baking paper for the base.
It stops it sticking which has happened a couple of times even though i greased well.

I turn my dish around halfway through cooking i have found one side cooks faster than the other.

Mash your Bananas flat in the freezer bag before you freeze them.
They're easier to store in the freezer and only take minutes to defrost.

If you don't have Mixed Spice just use Cinnamon or Nutmeg.

Don't take the lid off whilst cooking. If you really can't help yourself then lift the lid straight up and away so you don't drop condensation onto the loaf :)


Make a cup of Coffee and Enjoy !


Natures Cuppa have sponsored my "Teachers Gifts" Blog post this year.
Follow my Blog or my Facebook page to see that later this month.

Natures Cuppa Organic Coffee is available in Supermarkets right now.
Stay tuned for my review on their Tea range - I am so loving their teas'



3 comments:

  1. Wow! I am going to have to give this a try! Particularly as my oven is out of action at the moment and banana bread is my favourite! I'll let you know how I go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what happened to me. I was weeks without an oven and going crazy. Hope you like it. Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  2. This is amazing. I never thought to use my slow cooker for banana bread - thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and to comment.
We really appreciate your time!
Thanks