Welcome!

With washing waiting to be folded and cereal in our hair we share our roller coaster lives to inspire, relate and communicate with Mums just like us.

All things family related food, recipes, reviews, gardening, crafts, educational play, home things, outings and more.

Hi! We're in the process of moving over to our new site. You can find our content here for now or check out the old and the brand NEW at www.mumstakefive.com


Monday, November 19, 2012

Mini Fruit Mince Cakes


http://mumstakefive.blogspot.com.au/

written by: Bel


Who doesn't love a good Woman's Weekly Recipe :)

I tried to find the recipe on the AWW website but couldn't find it you can try to find it here :)
or it is in the November 2012  Issue "Christmas Countdown" section

This was really easy, only needed a few ingredients all of which most would have except maybe the fruit mince but it is Christmas.

You need 440g of fruit mince I only had a jar of 410g and didn’t want to open another jar for such a small amount.  1 jar was fine.   

Also on page 191 of this mag you can make the Maggie Beer Fruit Mince recipe. 




 Ingredients:
11/3 cups SR Flour
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
11/2 cups (440g) Fruit Mince
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/3 cup Milk
1 egg

(250g ready made icing and 1/4 cup cachous. To cut stars and decorate as in the picture above. I didn't do this. mine are in the freezer and I'll just make some stars with fondant or something later on)



 The Method is easy. 
Sift the flour and sugar into a large bowl.
Whisk the Fruit mince,oil,milk and egg together and then stir into the flour.
Put into mini muffin tin with little patty cases.  




 Bake about 15 mins at 180C fan forced.


It says it makes 40 you could stretch it to 40 I guess, but I don’t think I over filled them and I only got 32.  The ones in the mag are pretty level with the cases mine did go above.




Do we like them ?   
well yes but they are soooo sweet.  really really. 
If i make them again i will probably quarter the brown sugar if i add it at all.  

Bonus of these you can store in freezer uniced. 
I do need something for a morning tea in a couple of weeks so might use these as not even I could eat two with my cup of tea. 







15 comments:

  1. Impressed with your beautifully labelled canisters! And you have been working hard tonight, as you only posted the idea a little while ago :) I am surprised the recipe adds the sugar, I am sure my fruit cake recipes don't have any?
    I would have to go and check though LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you :) i do love my canisters and dymo label thingie. I'm just never sure what to do with the bits that dont fit in the containers ?
      Yeah i questioned the sugar to start with but figured it was a Woman's Weekly so it must be ok. ..... not for the diabetic readers thats for sure xx

      Delete
  2. Mmm looks good! I've never baked fruit mince cakes before but these will be great fro our Christmas party!

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a fan of fruit mince, but I think this may be a way to dampen down the taste. Thanks for sharing :)

    Hello from #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice easy looking recipe. I freeze all my fruit based cup cakes for school lunches, the fruit seems to keep them moist! I might try these ones with the lower sugar - it does seem like a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a yummy looking recipe!!! :) definitely one for the recipe books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a tried and tested recipe, thanks for the tip re sugar x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum will add these to my list to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just cannot get past the fruit mince. Makes my stomach turn just thinking about it! And here I am supposed to be an adult.. but I just can't!

    Though I could make them for gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum. And they sound nice and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love fruit mince, and Ava had her first mince pie today and loved it, so this is a great idea. And you're right about less sugar. I wouldn't hunk you'd need any with the all the fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks easy enough and good with a glass of Pinot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nami, You know funny you should say that. I froze some of these and was needing a little something Saturday night so i had one with a glass of Sparkling Shiraz and ohh my - Christmas!!
      Thanks for visiting

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and to comment.
We really appreciate your time!
Thanks